The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) regulates real estate brokers and sales agents, real estate inspectors, home warranty companies, easement and right-of-­way agents and timeshare interest providers. You can find more information and check the status of a license holder at You can send a complaint against a license holder to TREC. A complaint form is available on the TREC website.

TREC administers two recovery funds which may be used to satisfy a civil court judgment against a broker, sales agent, real estate inspector, or easement or Right-of-way agent, if certain requirements are met. If you have questions or issues about the activities of a license holder, the Complaint process or the recovery funds, please visit the website or contact:

TREC at Texas Real Estate Commission, P.O. Box 12188, Austin, Texas 78711-2188 (512) 936-3000.

DOWNLOAD the TREC Brokerage Services Document